|Building Type:||Hotel & Multifamily|
|Gross Space:||638,650 sf|
Utility Savings - Realized
The extraordinary results enjoyed from Viceroy's collaboration with SOL VISTA have been recognized with local and national awards:
- Miami Hotel Association’s 2013 Water Efficiency and Conservation Award
- Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association Board of Directors and the Sustainable Hospitability Council 2014 Overall Sustainable Hospitality Award
Though the Viceroy Hotel building was only four years old, its energy efficiency had been severely compromised by value engineering measures and insufficient commissioning upon completion. With utility costs prorated among the building co-occupants, capital expended for efficiency improvements by the hotel offered reduced utility costs for all building tenants, thus jeopardizing ROI for the hotel.
Despite this challenge, the team performed an energy and operational assessment and identified and implemented the following opportunities, which had large enough ROI numbers to overcome the proration penalty:
- smaller projects, such as, installation of networked guestroom thermostats and kitchen hood controls, kitchen exhaust fan fixes, elevator cooling, and water fixture retrofits;
- HVAC retrocommissioning;
- electricity and gas procurement strategies; and
- ongoing building performance management.
Contact us to discuss how we can improve your building and bottom-line performance.