|Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Gross Space:||395,731 sf|
Utility Savings - Realized
As part of a portfolio-wide effort to reduce operating costs, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust engaged our team to identify efficiency opportunities for this upper-upscale, full-service hotel located in downtown San Diego by the bay.
While the building was originally designed for a site in temperate Minneapolis, MN, none of the HVAC systems were re-engineered before the building was constructed in subtropical San Diego.
After an energy and operational assessment, SOL VISTA determined that the hotel would benefit enormously from the modernization of its 27-year-old systems and from the resizing of central plant equipment to match its location and current occupancy rates. We then served as the owner's representative overseeing implementation of both supply and demand-side measures, including:
- smaller projects, such as, installation of networked guestroom thermostats and kitchen hood controls, lighting upgrades, and water fixture retrofits;
- larger projects, such as, conventional steam to condensing water boiler conversion, district chilled water-to-onsite chiller installation, and airside upgrades;
- electricity and gas procurement strategies;
- incentive identification and administration; and
- ongoing building performance management.
Contact us to discuss how we can improve your building and bottom-line performance.