|Gross Space:||175,400 sf|
Utility Savings - Realized
The extraordinary results enjoyed from Hotel Monaco DC's collaboration with SOL VISTA have been recognized with local and national awards:
- 2013 American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) Stars of the Industry Award
- 2012 Washington, D.C. 2012 Mayor's Sustainability Award
- Good EarthKeeping Award 2013 from Hotel Association Washington, D.C.
- GreenLeaders Gold Level on TripAdvisor
- U.S. Department of Energy Better Buildings Challenge Showcase Property
Based on a referral from an existing customer, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust engaged SOL VISTA to identify efficiency opportunities for one of the REIT's first acquisitions: Hotel Monaco, Washington, DC. This upscale, full-service, historic hotel was originally built as the main post office for the city. The historic building was converted to a hotel in 2001 and purchased by Pebblebrook in 2010.
Through an energy and operational assessment, SOL VISTA developed a list of utility saving opportunities with an estimated ROI within the asset manager's payback threshold. We then worked with the hotel's engineering team to divide the projects between in-house personnel and vetted contractors.
SOL VISTA's services included scoping and managing implementation of both supply and demand-side measures, including:
- smaller projects, such as, installation of kitchen hood controls, networked guestroom thermostats, pump and fan VFDs, water fixture retrofits, air handler repairs, and lighting upgrades;
- larger projects, such as, a district steam-to-gas conversion, chiller replacement, and installation of a building automation system;
- incentive identification and administration;
- electricity and natural gas procurement strategies; and
- ongoing building performance management.
Based on our success with Hotel Monaco, Pebblebrook continues to rely on SOL VISTA as their go-to team for utility saving strategies across their entire (and rapidly growing) portfolio of upscale hotels.
Contact us to discuss how we can improve your building and bottom-line performance.