|Gross Space:||145,660 sf|
Utility Savings - Realized
The extraordinary results enjoyed from Hotel Monaco Seattle's collaboration with SOL VISTA have been recognized with local and national awards:
- Green Key Eco-Rating Program – 4 Green Keys
- GreenLeaders Gold Level on TripAdvisor
Hotel Monaco Seattle is a boutique, upper-upscale, full-service hotel located in downtown Seattle and within walking distance of some of the city’s most recognizable destinations. Built in 1969 and converted to hotel use in 1997 after 2 additional floors were added to the existing building, the Hotel Monaco Seattle presented significant opportunities to improve energy efficiency and reduce utility expenditure.
Through an energy and operational assessment, SOL VISTA developed a list of utility saving opportunities with an estimated ROI within the asset manager's payback threshold. We then worked with the hotel's engineering team to divide the projects between in-house personnel and vetted contractors.
SOL VISTA's services included scoping and managing implementation of both supply and demand-side measures, including:
- smaller projects, such as, installation of kitchen hood controls, networked guestroom thermostats, pump and fan VFDs, water fixture retrofits, and lighting upgrades;
- larger projects, such as, steam equipment repairs and retrocommissioning;
- incentive identification and administration, including Seattle City and Light's first retrocommissioning incentive; and
- ongoing building performance management.
Based on our success with Hotel Monaco, Pebblebrook continues to rely on SOL VISTA as their go-to team for utility saving strategies across their entire (and rapidly growing) portfolio of upscale hotels.
Contact us to discuss how we can improve your building and bottom-line performance.